Here's my take on it:

It seems as if Ketron deliberately do not want users to create new styles for their products. I offered to send one of my modified styles to them for analyses. All they had to do was to inform me what caused the divide by zero error.

Now I even hear that my HIQ styles, in which I invested many, many midnight hours, would not convert to the SD9.

In this regard Yamaha shines - they realize that their users would forever create new styles and tweak existing ones and they do not limit you in any way to do this. And instead of this working against them, it actually works for them. There must be two hundred thousand or even more extra styles freely available on the Inet for the Yamahas. They even released their Mega Enhancer software to add Mega voice effects to ordinary midi styles.

How Ketron cannot have the same attitude is really above me. They are shooting themselves in the foot by making it so difficult to create new styles by their ordinary users.

That does not mean I will not upgrade to the SD9 - I will as soon as finances allow. But now I will also have to hang onto my Audya in order not to loose all the effort I put into creating those HIQ styles.

Really, such a pity indeed. And all Ketron has to do is just change their "no care" attitude... Investing only a few minutes to their loyal end users could change so much!

Henni