I played at a real piano bar for about 4 weeks in Baltimore, Delenote's Restaurant. I had to wear a tux, which I didn't mind at all, mainly because it made me look good to the ladies. In the summer, the tux consisted of a white tuxedo jacket and black tuxedo slacks, satin shirt, bow tie - damned I looked good back then. wink

The piano was a monster Steinway that had about 7 bar stools set up around it, and there were a couple dozen tables in the club area, each with 6 chairs. I played my PSR3000, which was concealed over the keybed of the the Steinway, on an X-stand and perched just a few inches above the piano keys. No one knew the difference, which was a good thing because I was, and still am, a lousy piano player.

After 4 weeks, they fired me because I kept the patrons in the lounge area, where they were sipping $2 draft beers and eating free snacks, while no one was in the restaurant where the food and booze was incredibly expensive. They loved my performances, but the restaurant was losing money every night I performed. It was a fun job and I made lots of money in tips. Sure miss this business.

Attachments
gary.jpg

Edited by travlin'easy (11/28/17 04:17 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)