Right out of the box, no keyboard I have owned in the past, and I have a lot of them, sounded live - they all needed tuning to get remotely close to that live sound I remembered when I played in a 5 piece country band.

That said, all of the TOTL boards can be tuned to sound fantastic. And, after more years of performing in front of a lot of diversified audiences, I seriously doubt that it makes a tinker's damned to the audiences whether you are performing with a PA4X, Genos, Tyros5, PSR-s970, PSRS950, etc..., as long as you are a good entertainer and know the intricacies of your keyboard like the back of your hand.

Now, I AM NOT a good musician, but over the years, I have been known as a good entertainer. I can sing with the best of them, and keep a crowd on the dance floor, which was my goal in the music industry, plus make enough money to support my family and my bad habits, of which my wife says I have many. Don Mason, though early on he denied it, is a good singer, so are UD and DNJ. Without those vocals, being an entertainer, with ANY instrument, is quite difficult. Deane Peters and Captain Russ are the exceptions, at least the ones that I know, to this rule. They are excellent musicians and know how to put on a show without vocals, though, the Captain is actually a pretty good singer.

Bottom line - it's the player and the entertainer that really makes the difference - not the keyboard.

Good luck on what ever keyboard you decide upon, but from what I have heard, the Genos is a top contender in the hands of a capable individual.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)