I taught at a local high school(ages 15 plus) today....a school I teach at two days or more a week. The last 20 minutes of the last class were slow. One of the students, a talented girl, asked if she could play guitar. I said sure and found her an acoustic from the music room.

She entertained us all with her pretty voice and basic acoustic guitar skills. She shared some songs she was writing. She did a great job and reminded me of songs I wrote years ago.

If she stays in music, I’m guessing she will be a part of many different bands and styles of music over the years.

It may take her a few years and lots of experience to actually ARRANGE her music.

That’s the thing with Arrangers. It takes skill and a few years of experience to actually arrange music to play for an audience.

For inexperienced(and some experienced) musicians, performing with an arranger is a challenge...because the performer has to arrange music and know what he/she wants.

It ain’t about the latest gimiky sounds...it’s about folks learnin* how to use, and having the experience to use an arranger.

Edited by guitpic1 (11/10/17 03:27 PM)