Well folks, here is my judgment after owning and playing with my Genos for a week. It is a Yamaha with Yamaha voices and styles - simple as that. If you expected Korg-like or Ketron-like sounds you will be disappointed. The voices are pretty good and the styles are suitable for most music. The old styles that have been re-voiced are also nice. It would have been nice if Yamaha had replaced them but that is the way it goes. I upgraded from a Tyros 4 and find a very big improvement in sound overall.

Yamaha did add some nice features to the Genos that will make gigging easier and song set organization easier.

I have to agree with Gary, many of the forums are full of posts by people who have never touched or seen a Genos griping about what is or is not present in the Genos. They gripe about sound quality of recordings by people trying to show a little of what the Genos can do. I wonder if these folks understand these videos are not being produced by professional film makers who own or have access to high quality recording equipment. Frankly, I took all my videos down and have been a little disgusted with the reaction of people who seem to have nothing better to do but gripe.

Deane