Hello, I owned a Ketron Audya 5 some years ago (sold it), had a Korg pa4x (sold it), have a Tyros 5 and psr s970 (selling them), and am thinking of buying the Ketron sd9...

My method of creating songs is to set up all parameters (style, tempo, variation, mic settings, split point, etc) for each part of the song...for example, I will set up everything the way I want it for Verse 1 and save it, then do the same for each successive part of the song (Verse 2, Chorus, Lead, Verse 3,etc) until the whole song is saved, one part at a time...

On the Tyros 5 (and the psr s970), I saved each of the song parts to one of the eight provided Registrations and then saved the entire set of utilized Registrations by song title to a Registration Bank (I hope I'm using the correct terminology)...I created Folders in the Yamaha boards' User Memory with three-letter names ("A-B-C"; "D-E-F"; "G-H-I", etc) and saved the song titles alphabetically (eg, 'All of Me' in the A-B-C Folder)...I created and printed Word versions of each song, showing not only lyrics & chords, but also when to switch from one Registration Number to another...like any developed system, over time this became comfortable and intuitive...

Sorry for long prelude, but my question is: Can I achieve much, if not all, of what was I was able to do on Yamaha arrangers on the Ketron sd9? I've downloaded and read the manual (Part 7. Saving and Recalling Everything (Registrations)/pgs 129-134) and see that I can set up everything the way I want it to be for, say, Verse 1, but don't see how I can save my song settings for all the parts of a song to one Registration...

Any assistance would be most appreciated...I love the Ketron sounds and styles and would enjoy getting back into Ketron, but being able to call up multiple "scenes" or parts of a saved song in one place is important to how I like to perform...

Thanks,

Edited by whcanetoad (10/10/17 12:54 PM)