Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
I have to admit - Yamaha nailed it with this one. This is the best instrument demo I've seen, maybe ever. The best thing they did was call it a workstation, and move away from the "arranger" label. This will attract a fresh, new audience of players of all ages. No need to showcase polkas and rhumbas ... I'm sure they're all in there, and we all know what they sound like. I was a little skeptical of the early hype, but my hat's off to Yamaha - they lived up to it.
It's still not for me (no speakers, too much real estate, no TC harmony), but it just may be the best sounding production station out there.
Before you all start in with why your **** is better, let me just say, objectively, that the past 10 years or so have produced some of the greatest musical tools I've ever seen, or heard. I'd be very happy playing almost anything out there today, and I'm grateful that Korg kinda "gets me" with their approach, but seriously folks - this is a cool instrument. If my studio had more room in it - there'd be room for a Genos. It'd stay at home for recording, and inspiration, but it'd get played.
Well done, Yamaha.

dont forget with professional Studio EQ processing in these demos it always is made to sound fantastic by professionals till you get it home....after all they have to sell these units ...

Edited by Dnj (10/08/17 08:17 AM)