Hi,
I know there are some threads relating this theme, but I did not found the answer :-)
Nowadays SSDs are not very expensive. There are several options for Audya, there is an replacement kit from ketron and also variants from AJAMSONIC.
But beside of this, my task is simpler. I only want to migrate my system to a NEW modern SSD. It is clear, there are copy protection systems for AJAMSONIC or Pendrives, but I only want to install a default system (have the 5.0a factory available).

Why a new SDD ?
I suspect my SDD starting to fail, as I experience problems the last weeks. Maybe they have nothing to do, but suddenly duplicated datas and errors when I check on a windows system makes it at least suspicious.

Nowadays a modern SDD has very good garbage collection and error correction capabilities. So I plan to buy a SSD around 128 or 250 GB (f.i. Samsung 850EVO) and leave the rest for overprovisioning, as still an Audya is not able to format with more then 80GB.

What I think is extremely bad, that it seems, formatting is a must to be done with the Audya itself. I tried to allign my system drive for SSD, but after this I got the feared "init phase error".

The problem with AUDYA OS is the lack of support for SSD what leads to an accelerated wear out of the drive, even more on older SSDs. As the newer distributed write algorithms combined with overprovisioning (SSD size - used size) means the wear out on the SSD will become notably reduced - at least I hope.

I really hope (but I do not believe) Ketron will include support at least for alligned and preformatted partitions to reduce the unneccassary wear out of SSDs.

What do you think ? Any ideas or hints ? Does anybody know if it is possible to use an alligned SSD in an Audya ?
Or does anybody have a tipp, which SSD might depend as little as possible from the used OS

Edited by SigiZ58 (10/06/17 03:42 AM)