Originally Posted By Mark79100
Originally Posted By Bachus

However, builquallity including keybed is lackluster, and soundquallity of many sounds (some soundgroups are okay) is atleast a decade behind the main brands.

So, Bachus........do you have a Casio that you recommend. In the next few weeks, I'm going to Sam Ash again. They have almost all the models on display for audition. I tried them all and LIKED them all. I'm just wondering how they would be after a lot of usage. I just need a knock-around lightweight portable......no bells and whistles.

Mark

Actualy the casio px-5s offers the best experience, because ithink the casio lightweight piano keybed is rather good. And of decent quallity, and it offers some very decent piano, organ and synth sound. Sadly it does not have the touchscreen...

The fact that it does not have any styles but has arpeggiators and other things makes it even better, i have yet to hear a casio style onpar with korg, ketron and yamaha.

But compact and leightweight, th mzx500 is the best casio has to offer, In the same price range i would prefer a roland ea7, yamaha psr s770 or even the korg pa600.. but that would be mostly personal preference...and me being spoiled by the kronos and the pa4x..

I seriously cant advise any lower end casio’s because they dont really interest me..nor do i have any experience with them over a long periode of time.. so. Ant amswer the longlevity.. in general tough lightweight, cheap and buildquallity domt really go hand in hand.

Edited by Bachus (08/17/17 09:39 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net