Greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond with such a complete and thorough review. Very enlightening, though certainly disappointed to read about these issues.
I sent AJ a check earlier today for a new SD40 with the understanding that if it freezes at all within the first three months, I have the option to return for a complete refund (know some will think this should include the first year).
I'm retaining my MidJay Pro which is fantastic, EXCEPT, of course, for the unexpected freezing (twice last night during gig), as a backup unit in a pinch.
Your 2nd issue, i.e., Registration screen freezing frequently could be somewhat of a game changer for me, except it's a slight improvement over the unit freezing unexpectedly at the most inappropriate time during a song, and having to reboot the unit while some folks are looking your way with a puzzled look on their face (the worst feeling in the world).
Fortunately, I can keep some sounds going with the MusicTech digital accordion, but then there's the issue with the microphone also connected to the unit, unless you want to buy a separate harmonizer...
Another issue my friend found is 8) After replacing a voice in the current Voice List, the Voice List icon disappears and the unit requires re-booting to make it reappear.
If I had a dollar for every time someone says "I hope these issues will be addressed in the next OS update", I'd be a rich man smile.
Anyway, I'm currently diving into the KETRON SD40 TUTORIAL - FINAL.pdf which I just printed out hoping to save some time when the unit actually arrives.
Up side is AJ says I can transfer my current REGISTRATIONS (over 100) from my MJPro. Also, I can mirror all the settings I've already spent hours making to the MJPro. Plus, there are many similarities with the MJPro. Hopefully, this will lessen the time needed to get up and running...
I resent having to shell out this kind of money for a component, when I just bought a similar one less than two years ago. Actually, I exchanged my first MJPro when it continually froze. Replacement does the same thing. Feel like the guy who married someone after divorcing two of their siblings. I'll try to keep you posted.
Thanks,
Jerry