I have been playing arrangers since they came out and I never needed a
DAW setup. Very old school here but I always was able to create just what I wanted on my arranger itself. If I needed more I just used a tascam recorder as in making a CD. To me there is no need for overthinking every note you play. I am mostly a find the right rythem and learn the song kink of guy. That way I have full freedom to play the song anyway I want,longer or shorter or in a medley or whatever. I am and still are a fulltime entertainer at the age of 74 and still took forward to going to work every day.Not many people can say that. I see the point in making a perfect track but to me Its more fun to just make it happen live every time I play. By the way there is no such thing as a perfect track. It depends on the player. So anyway when I hear or read all the daw words to me it sounds like a differant language. I guess I'm just old school but that's ok with me.
JUST MY FEELING. FOR ANYONE WHO HAS THE TALENT TO DO IT THE NEW WAY. GOD BLESS YOU

MEL