I'd think that King David would have purchased TOL instruments(he could afford them) and he as a skilled musician would have "played" them as Chas noted.   Also, judging from the records of him, he would not have been per-occupied with the tools themselves, but rather used the tools to express himself through skillfully played music.   After all, he was known for doing his worship music with all of his heart and passion.  As the saying goes, "It's the painter not the brush."

By the way, David didn't really have to think of Bathsheba as she ended up being his wife after David had sent her husband to a fierce battle where David knew he would certainly die. It was to cover up a murder.   David paid dearly for his action.  He was dealing with a "terrible" God, who one time killed 70,000 people just because David took a census though he was told not to. It was prophesied that what King David did in private, the same will be done to him in bright daylight.   It happened to him.  He lost his child he had with Bathsheba, his kingdom torn in half, and his own son violated his wives and concubines in broad daylight.    
Originally Posted By Steve A
This Sunday evening I was a Special musical guest & speaker at a fairly large Church. The Pastor saw my set-up which includes the PA4X, 2 Acoustic Guitars, & an Allen & Heath QU 24 Digital Mixer which can remember 100 different scenes or mixes. Red lights flashing on the board, a full band playing from the keyboard, other times a sequenced song coming from the PA4X while I played acoustic, & the wifey singing harmony to my lead VOX.

He was blown away that one person could get so much sound as a solo musician.

He came up on stage & turned to me & said in front of the congregation that I remind him of KING DAVID, possibly the greatest songwriter & multi-instrumentalist ever. As I am a writer & singer first.

Then he said I wonder what King David would do with all of today technology I had on stage????

I too wonder.........................
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32