Originally Posted By sparky589
I play a T2 , and sometimes use a midi accordion with a ketron sd2 . If I run a midi out/thru from the sd2 to the tyros, it generates incorrect chords (7th instead of major) using accordion left hand buttons. I have the midi transmit and receive channels set correctly (it works with sd2), but it won't work properly thru T2. I need to generate chord changes and rhythms from the left hand of the accordion in order to use keyboard as a sound module for accordion. Is there a patch to be loaded, or a control change or a sysex command I am missing?

Hi Sparky589
I own a Tyros 5, but the MIDI templates on the Tyros 2 are similar. There should be two MIDI templates to choose from on Tyros 2. If you don't have the Tyros 2 detailed pdf Owners Manual, download from the link below (Yamaha Tyros 2 Support download page) and check out page 214, and read through that section.

http://download.yamaha.com/search/produc...oduct_id=107861

My understanding while looking at the Tyros Accordion MIDI templates is, a standard MIDI accordion would be transmitting two separate MIDI channels. It appears to be channel 2 for the keys and channel 3 for the bass.

So in your setup, I would still run MIDI in into your Ketron, but connect MIDI thru (Ketron) to Port 2 (MIDI B) on your Tyros 2. If your MIDI accordion is transmitting channels 2 and 3, try the MIDI Accord2 template. Press EDIT to check out the settings and modify (save) as required.

So basically, the template shows MIDI B receive CH2 set to Style Chord 1 and CH3 set to Style Bass. On the BASS tab, On Bass Note is checked on for channel 3 from Port 2 (MIDI B). On the Chord Detect tab, it shows MIDI channel 2, but for some reason set to Port 1 (MIDI A).

I am sure if you try these two templates and experiment with the EDIT settings, your accordion should work properly. I wish I had more experience with MIDI accordions, but I hope this info helps.

Marcus