Originally Posted By DonM
You see more arrangers in one block in Mexico than in an entire city in the U.S., as a rule.
I know of only one other guy playing one in the Shreveport metro area. A few years ago there were several, but most have died! One exception I almost forgot. One of the Mexican restaurants uses guys from Mexico quite a bit. They all play arrangers, most of them quite old, such as early Korgs, and PSR 2000s, etc. They usually are just here for a short while and then disappear. Maybe they go back to Mexico? Every one I've seen there has been really good.
There is just nobody promoting them or demonstrating them. I get a lot of people, many of them musicians, who are interested in what I'm doing, but even when I explain it they don't really comprehend. It's very common for someone to ask if I do my own tracks!

So true about Mexico! Some of best arranger players I've met are Mexicans. There is guy in my wife's home town that was a big rock star in the 60's singing Spanish language covers of American Rock N Roll hits, and now he plays on the patio of a chicken joint. He plays an old entry level Yamaha, but he plays and sings so great that you forget he's basically playing a toy. He can sing and play like Nat King Cole and of course he kills the Latin stuff. Nice guy, I invited him to my in laws place and we jammed all day! Another guy I meet, lived just a few doors down from my in - laws. He used a prs 900 and muted the auto bass and played his own parts with pedals. Amazing player! For a few bottles of tequila he taught everything I needed to know about my Tyros. Good times!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache