Originally Posted By bruno123
I thought of getting a good 88 key controller and midi it to my Pa4x. I would have great styles and great sounds. It would also take less room.

I am not sure how I much control the controller would give me.(Important) I would use both keyboards in an ā€œLā€ shape; one in front of me and one on either side.

1-Would I have to touch the Pa4x at all?
2-All opinions are welcome.

John C.

If using the PA4x with the kronos, i have 16 pads programmed for controlling the PA4x (Using the Korg nanopad 2) .. i barely have to touch the pa4x..

I have used the pa4x also with the Kurzweil PC3x (as it has an awesome touchstrip and a breathcontroller) but it does not have any programmable buttons... which means i had to touch the PA4x for almost everything i wanted to do..

I changed back to the Kronos as my lower keybed... because simply needing to reach to teh upper keybed was to much for quickly doing some things...

Another option is using the EC5 pedal of the PA4x, but sadly the pedal settings are global.. i think 5 pedals would be enough for almost every performance... but then you should be able to save them for each song in the songbook, which is not possible for global settings..

If your 2nd keyboard doesnt have programmable buttons or pads, you could allways consider a midi controller... but having direct access programmable buttons for Midi CC is almost a must to play on a remote keyboard.

http://keyszone.boards.net