Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Bachus
In the end arrangers are about playing music with a backing...

You can use :
- sequencers/audio players
- arranger styles/multipads
- arpegiators
To create a backing

Espescially in the sequencer department, most arrangers are still quite basic...
Its enough for straight replaying
But its not the musical tool, more advanced sequencers offers.

Also advanced arpeggiators, could add a lot more depth..

I made an overview of most options available in hard and sotware overhere.

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/294/backings?page=1&scrollTo=464

The problem who is going to teach the masses to use any of these detailed sequencer features if at all mentioned?,....that's where the problem lies, and the fact that there is just too many choices and options to create music in other ways, besides repetitive style based,....that why advanced NEW arrangers are slowing down to a crawl..

True...

Thats why i am asking to port the arranger features to a workstation.... i do understand, they are way to much for the average arranger user...

Another option is to add many of these features trough an easy understandable ipad app, if yamaha created such an ipad app, they could use the psr/tyros series sequencer for new things.. you could have for example 8 more multipads and 8 arpeggio's using the sounds of an empty song in the sequencer..

Its not the feature that makes things hard to understand, its the implementation...
But everyone could understand an ipad app, with 16 major pads, which could be used to switch more multipads, arpeggio's for left and right hand or even extra sounds for R1 on... as long as you are not playing a song along the style... you would have extra options... you could use simple colors to identify what content is behind a button/pad on the ipad app...
not that people would allways use these "extra" ipad features they would be very situational.. now what i asumed are only some simple features... you could also abuse the sheer processor power of an ipad to do more advanced and dynamic things...like real time cc changes based on calculations and a mathemeicall model of a bass or guitar player making the bass much much more dynamic based on your playing style..

What i am saying, advanced results do not require higher mathematics and understanding of a 23th century interface... its one of the things yamaha is king at, taking high tech features and making them accesible to normal musicians..

http://keyszone.boards.net