Hello Guys...

I think another Excellent contender in the array systems, besides Bose, Maui, JBL, etc, is the Turbosound, I own 2 IP 1000, I purchased them for less than $1,300.00 and I have one Thousand Watts on EACH, side....of course, I do not use all that, also has a great bass response, and knowing what I have experience, I recommend the Turbosound IP 500 that is around 10 more pounds than the Bose Compact and has 3 times more power, more bottom (600 Watts) that is plenty for even a large or outdoor gig....also features Bluetooth, you can play music from your devise (IPhone, etc) and with the free app, you can do your sound check on the middle of the ballroom, and hear what the people will hear...also from your devise. You can buy the BOTH Ip500 for around $1,000.00.

FYI, Turbosound is an English company that is been a several decades in the audio, they are famous in Europe and Mexico and South-America because they provide the audio in Stadiums, very, very large venues.....and also have been providing audio to bands a long time.

Just my two cents.

Manuel