My oldies band ( I'm theYOUNGEST member - yikes, right? ) always uses "Goodnight Sweetheart, and I talk over the middle section, introduce the band, etc - but in my solo routines, I never follow any pattern. The end of the night has it's own, specific pulse, and I try to match my feel, with that of the room. Typically, I'll use "Home" or "Wonderful Tonight" but it's not set in stone. I never use a setlist, so I'd never plan an ending. If I think it'll go over, sometimes I'll be singing (Wonderful Tonight) "... it's time to go home, now ....." and then, just get up and leave the stage. It's not always appropriate, but sometimes, it's funny.
Often, at a large dance, or wedding - I'll gather all the crowd on the floor and ask them to surround the guest(s) of honer as we all sing "That's What Friends Are For" or "Seasons of Love" ... both are well received. Sometimes I end mellow, other times, upbeat, but always personal to the crowd.
(Plus, I like to get out quickly too, so the staff loves me!)