I have a piano style sustain pedal and the room I play my 6500 in is carpeted. As I used it, the sustain pedal would side further and further back. This was a problem I just had to solve. Tape doesn't stick to carpet long and so that didn't work out. Well, Then it hit me. And for those on carpet with the same problem, I want to share it with you. I went and bought a velcro strip. I took the harder and courser strip, you know, the plastic loops part, and I glued it to the bottom of my pedal. It works like a charm. The pedal does not budge a bit now! Be careful to place it in the right direction though!!! One way it slides and the other it don't. I found this out by testing it on the carpet before I glued it on. So after that I simply put it the right way and like I said, it works very great!
Only thing is if I moved or played it somewhere else with out carpet, it would slide then worse than the rubber bottom. But I am a home player and figure there are more home players with this problem. An alternative would be to have 2 pedals. One for home/carpet, and one for floors. Maybe the cheaper pedal for the times one played somewhere else. Happy Playing!
Tony