saw this on the KORg forum regarding EQ Pa4x clik link for pictures...

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1fD9_7S1ptNaUdTcWFfR09IQTQ&usp=sharing

"Background info to these settings for you: I've personally found that the Korg default Maxx settings sound pretty bad (and don't do the PA4x sounds any justice at all), so am not surprised that you are unhappy with those default settings.

I created some different settings, quite a few months ago, which sounded great for the keyboard sounds. However, I found that no matter what I did, I couldn't get my chosen (a decent) Mic EQ/sound with those particular settings (I know that I could have taken the mic out on a separate output but didn't want to do that). The main issue was that I tended to want certain frequencies cut and/or boosted for the kbd but didn't want those frequencies to affect my mic eq. Around the same time, I upgraded my mic from a SM58 Beta A (great dynamic Mic) to Shure's top of the line condenser Mic (KSM9 - very expensive).

Subsequently, I decided to go back to the drawing board and create a brand new Global Maxx setup with an attempt of meeting the following criteria:
a) I wanted the Piano sounds to sound natural and not too colored (one of the real tests to decent EQ on the PA4x)
b) I wanted the sound to be mixed/good enough, so that it would still sound good if the EQ was flat on my A&H mixing desk. This would ensure that if I need to tweak the EQ for a particular room/venue that I could quickly/easily adjust it on my mixer rather than having to make any changes within the Maxx settings.
c) I wanted to pick settings that gave me the best possible sound and Signal to Noise Ratio for my particular mixer and speakers (Qsc K10s). Other speakers, will, of course sound very different than the K10s but you can always use these settings for an A/B test or as a starting point for your own setup.
d) I wanted settings that gave me added 'zing' to the parts that need that and added 'thump' and 'body' to the parts that need that.
e) I wanted a Global Maxx setting, which wouldn't clash to much with any EQ settings that I chose to use for my Microphone (i.e. I wouldn't be struggling to get and decent EQ/tone from any chosen Mic.

I haven't had time recently to tweak the Mic settings fully but have included a screenshot of those too, just as information. They still need work though and are specifically for the KSM9 mic of course (and are also attempting to reduce feedback too).

One final point is that I also use these exact settings for my PAas and feel that they are a big improvement to the default option for that too.

I hope that these help, or at least give you something to play with.

Best wishes,
Jon"

Edited by Dnj (09/01/16 06:34 AM)