I put this on the PSR Tutorial forum. It's early days but this JBL Eon One is worth a look.

I did a solo gig with the Eon One today using my PA 4X. Sound was great...excellent. I'm too new with the JBL yet but this could be the best sounding amp I've used with a keyboard. Very clear highs and a very warm low end with plenty of power.

The room was large with about 60 folks in attendance. The audience was disbursed somewhere in about a 160 degree semi circle around me. This is a room I would almost always use two compacts to cover...due to room size. One Compact doesn't cover...I've tried it. But the single JBL had room to spare.

Before the gig I walked around 180 degree semi circle listening to styles. JBL says something about 100 degree dispersion but I had no trouble hearing the rig in all parts of the room...180 degrees and more.

I ran the 4X at about 50% and on the Eon one at around 60% on both the channel and master volume. This was much more power than I needed.

My vocals were the best I've heard yet from my 4X.

It's a different beast though..size wise. It's got to be 1 1/2 times a Compact in size and weight. The weight is not a big deal really but the size of the unit means some planning when transporting.

My goal was to get to one unit(without messing with a mixer)when gigging either as a solo or with my wife as a duo. This MAY be the PA to do that.

I will be using the JBL this Friday. Again a solo gig, about 60 or more people but a smaller room. Next week my wife and I do a duo. I'll get to hear her on a mic directly in to the JBL, that will tell me a lot.

Edited by guitpic1 (08/29/16 04:35 PM)