Originally Posted By: rikkisbears
Hi Donny,
I haven't got mine up and running again as yet ( too busy with my other toy at the moment)
But I did ask Dan about sound choice

SD2 / SD1000 any GM synth your VST, your Soundfonts

or our SoundBanks and more to come....

Apparently there are 4 sound banks they 've created, korg, Roland , Ketron Yamaha , they are an extra though, not part of varranger package.

Personally if I was starting over, I wouldn't dash out and buy the sd2, it was the only option 5 years ago , from memory.

I would imagine if I got serious about it again, I'd probably go for his sound banks

Have a chat to him, he's very helpful.

As a soundbank, best results reported indeed come from Ketron SD1000...(toigh sd2 is also still very good) the SD1000 has pretty much the same sounds as the SD7... Where the SD2 goes back to pre audya soundsources of the SD5 and SD1..

There are also a lot of people reporting good results using the Motif XF and MOXF as the soundsource... Espescially the demo's of moesieurs show this.

Apparently the high quallity of the new sound sources ( which are €100 each) is xlose or sometimes even better then the sound of the TOTL arrangers of that brand.. But so far its hard to find any demo videos of this... These soundsources run in the build in synth from Varranger on your PC, not requiring a hardware soundsource anymore..

The good thing is Dann keeps taking this to higher and higher levels every few months...with new features and better integration...

http://keyszone.boards.net