Originally Posted By: rosetree
Originally Posted By: AlenK
Originally Posted By: rosetree
This Ralph Maten has made it clear more than once that he actually frowns on orchestral sounds. From that moment on all my interest in this Casio instrument has disappeared, as it was clear enough to me that the EDM focus is not my cup of tea.

I downloaded the MZ-X500 Appendix document from the Casio web site. It lists all the tones, rhythms, and other presets inside. It does list more modern stuff, true, but for the most part I see what you usually find in arranger keyboards: Lots of pop, rock, R&B, disco, jazz, Latin, ballroom, etc. Because, you know, EDM. ;-)

Did you listen the demo, one needs to admit that those strings certainly sounded good...

Ralph prommised me that he would show the typicall arranger capabillities with typicall arranger sounds and typicall arranger styles in another upcomming demo...

PS. People who dismiss (or dump on) Casio stuff before even trying it are looking increasingly shrill nowadays.

I am open-minded regarding Casio, only if a major presenter ridicules orchestral sounds in the way Ralph Maten did at Musikmesse (maybe you didn't take note of it, I think it was an interview in German), I'm done with it as orchestral sounds are my main interest. No matter whether the brand is Casio, Roland or anything.

Did you listen the demo, one needs to admit that those strings certainly sounded good...

Ralph prommised me that he would show the typicall arranger capabillities with typicall arranger sounds and typicall arranger styles in another upcomming demo...

Edited by Bachus (05/12/16 12:52 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net