Last Sat, I stopped in at a guitar shop(Flatland Guitars) in Fargo ND; the business is relatively new within the past few years. I've known the folks who started the store for a few years now...a great luthier and knowledgeable guitar salesman.

They had a Taylor 614CE sugar maple guitar for sale. The guitar listed for about $4,300 and was on sale for around $3,200 with case.

Now, I've owned about 12 Taylor guitars(series 300 or better) over the years. I also had part of a Taylor guitar dealership in the 90's.

I just loved the sound of this Taylor 614 CE guitar. But I also realized that changes in sound...on acoustic guitars...is at best subtle.

On the other hand, if I were to spend that $3,200(or more) on a new keyboard, say a Korg PA 4X, I would gain a whole new world of styles and voices.

Anyway you cut it, bang for the buck, has to go to keyboards for what you get for the money.

By The Way

Won't buy it, but just looked at a Kevin Ryan acoustic... On his website..$32,000

I've been a fan of Kevin Ryan acoustic guitars over the years...he is just a wonderful luthier as is Terry Kennedy(I have one of his guitars).

http://kennedyguitars.com/

Edited by guitpic1 (02/22/16 11:34 AM)