I have recently purchased the Yamaha PSR-S970 which at first I thought was a great little keyboard. However today was my first attempt at planning a gig programme for next week and to my dismay, this keyboard operates exactly the same way as the PSR950 in that the Volume Pedal has to be saved each time a new registration is produced and not only that, if you're using the Multipads these too have to be saved individually.

I am more than surprised that Yamaha have not updated this bearing in mind that the Volume Pedal is the most important part of the keyboard and there were many complaints about this on the 950. In fact that is why, I got rid of mine. I lead a very busy life and do not have time to individually update the several hundred registrations I already have which I had hoped to use to on the 970.

The Parameter Lock doesn't even show the Foot Pedal so that cannot be used. Am I missing something, if so can someone reply a.s.a.p. as I have to be prepared by Tuesday of next week and if it cannot be done, then I will revert back to my Technics KN7000 and get rid of the PSR-S970.

Thanks in advance - Audrey Turner