Hi John - it seems that whilst I was typing my little bit both technics player and Bill were doing the same. Hope you will be able to use some of it.....Joan

My first reply to you

Hi John

There are two ways that I know off that you can restore to a new SD card. The one I use is the excellent SDExplorer tool that Fred Mellink and co devised.

The other one was part of the original CDs that came with new KN7000s. These I believe can be downloaded from the TechTips page on Bill Norries' site.

If your backup name extension ends with

.sdb

and reads as type

"Restore KN7000 SD"

then it is an SD Explorer type.

You need to you have the SD Explorer tool on your PC then you can either restore this to a previously formatted SD card OR if you prefer to see what is happening/what is on the backup file first, you can restore it to a new folder of your choice on your PC – easiest place to put the new folder would be on your desktop.

If that is successful you can then go ahead and restore to a previously formatted SD card.

e.g. to restore to a previously a .sdb file on your PC.

1. Create a new folder on your desktop, naming it so that you can readily identify this.
2. Cursor on the "Restore KN7000 backup file. Right Click and select RESTORE KN7000 Card
3. Browse for folder list will appear and you will cursor down to the folder you just have created and chosen to restore to.
4. Press OK and your backup file will restore to your new folder

Hope this info is of some use to you even if it only provides a step from which you can proceed further!!!! Good luck

Joan

[This message has been edited by Joan (edited 12-18-2006).]