Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply. I already have a stand-alone Sony CD Recorder Player/Mini Disk Recorder Player/Cassette Recorder Player all running through an amp and controlled by a Data Box. I kinda liked the idea of using this through the PC as it seemed very 'user friendly'. You certainly dont need to buy anything else as it comes with Audacity and other tools for ease of use but like you say, it does seem a bit of an unnecessary expense to change when I already have a perfectly good working system. The two facilities that interested me most was the direct USB connection to the PC for Audio/Photo and CDs/DVDs and the fact, I could possible clear some of the 'clutter' from my small music room. However, I think you are right, I have misunderstood the spinning of the records. I think I read somewhere that there are dedicated buttons for varying vinyl speeds on most audio systems particularly the 78s. You would think I'd have remembered that wouldn't you? Another 'Senior Moment' I'm afraid .....

I've just had a thought, maybe my son will be interested. He used to be a DJ and is now copying his vinyls to CD but it's going to be a long job as he has literally hundreds of records.

The demonstration I had, (in PCWorld) certainly looked quicker than the way he's doing it but at the moment he is on holiday so I cannot chat to him about it right now but I will as soon as I can

Thanks again Bill.

Audrey

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 06-16-2007).]