Originally Posted By: Marcus
Originally Posted By: Dnj
definitely on par with the Pa4x & Tyros5, etc..

Video demo quality and playing was up to par with some of the TOTL arrangers, but in my opinion, only the drum parts on the SD7 sounded authentic. The rest of the voices, maybe on par with the other mid-range arranger quality.

Although I'm usually quite impressed by a lot of Ketron sounds, here I agree to Marcus, I didn't like the trumpet, sax and strings used in this demo. Maybe he could have picked a better trumpet, surely a better sax (because I liked the SD 1000 saxes a lot), but compared to several solo instruments with modeling features (SA2 / SN or the Korg equivalent), there is something missing in terms of liveliness and realism here.
The player in the video is very skilled, but on the other hand sometimes he overdoes it with the pitch bend playing the trumpet and sax, and maybe he could have picked some more appealing variants of the sounds. I remember my own SD 1000 version of Kaempfert's Swingin' Safari, that sounded a bit more realistic and some here were delighted by the sounds, so there is a potential in it, and the SD7 & MidjPro soundset should partly even go beyond that of the SD 1000.

Edited by rosetree (10/18/15 11:17 AM)