Originally Posted By: Torch
Originally Posted By: bachus
... As said, all was well in the end, and i narrowed down my list of 88 key instruments to 3 , Korg Kronos, Kawai MP11 and Roland RD800 which really peaked my interest ...

Thanks for the report. I can see that you can't go wrong with any of the three top boards you narrowed down to.

Your favorable review of the Casio PX-5S makes me feel good about our 5x purchase for a church group in Asia. In fact, next week, I am scheduled to fly over there and I will have opportunity to play it myself.

Too bad you didn't get to try out the Casio PX360. I wanted to hear what you had to say about it. The RD800 sounds very interesting but even if I get it at cost from a dealer friend, it is still much higher than the Casio PX 560 especially after the state sales tax. The PX-560 seems to suit me better with its built-in speakers, styles, and audio-ins.

The px5s px360 and px560 all share the same keybed and the same soundengine.. The 360 and 560 have the new touchscreen ui however.. If you compare the 560 to the 5s.. Its basically :
"touchui+3knobs" vs "6sliders+4knobs" and
"limitted arranger+arpeggio funcions" vs "advanced arpeggiator"
only the px-5s is battery opperable, but that comes at the price of ugglyness

Edited by Bachus (10/03/15 09:43 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net