The public is funny they think guys are great. It's cool ( a nice atmosphere) to see these guys with their sax case open on the side walk with a few dollars in it that they may have put in it themselves in the French Quarter in New Orleans on the streets. They play the melody like bad singers with wrong notes, they don't play the bridge to a tune, they couldn't play with any band I ever worked with. I'm sorry they are 30 year experienced beginners. You know like the guy in the pool hall who's been around for 30 years and still can't play pool. Same scenario. Here's the funny part. The people around are really digging it, and think the player is a real musician. The public has taste for crap because they are a bunch of "tin ears" for the most part. Just a few exceptions. It's always been that way and will always be that way. Otherwise, many people playing music today could not survive if they really had to know their stuff. You know what I'm talking about. So people worth money to gig will always be fighting this play for free problem. It's a fact of life.