Dear Kenneth & Mark,

Hello there! I am delighted to hear from you. Thank you for your help. Sorry for the late reply. I have not surfed the Internet for several days as other things have been consuming my time more than usual.

I took a look at the manual at http://www.kn7000.net/fusion_forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=2&thread_id=11, which is virtually identical to mine that came with the keyboard. Therefore, we can already be fairly certain that in my case the solution to the difficulty that I encountered in using softwares to record MIDI data via USB does not lie somewhere in the process of (re)installing the driver, given that I followed those procedures in the process very carefully months ago.

The good news is that I have found the source of my problem with USB MIDI ---- several of my software programs have been assigned to access the same Panasonic MIDI device driver. I suspect that this has/could caused some conflict or instability in the system. For example, Winamp will not even play a MIDI file if another program using Panasonic MIDI device driver is already loaded, whether or not that other program is actively playing back a MIDI file or just sitting idle.

I now install more than one instance of the Panasonic MIDI device driver and make sure that only one application is using one at a time. The problem seems to have disappeared until Murphy's Law is back in order.

The only lingering inconvenience is that I cannot get Windows Media Player version 10 to work with the Panasonic MIDI device driver, to the extent that Windows Media Player will load and play a MIDI file but no sound/music will be heard. Does anyone have a solution for this?

[This message has been edited by Khai (edited 02-24-2005).]