Quote:
Originally posted by kn7:
I just brought up Walt Tenay's website and what a surprise!!! Firstly, he has a Tyros 2 for sale that is "only a few weeks old. I tried to call him.

Hmmm. Interestingly enough, I called him today too, and though I had to leave a message, he called me back promptly. He confirmed, that like all other US dealers, he doesn't actually have a Tyros2 on hand for sale yet.

The Tyros2 ad on Walt's Web Site reads as follows:

"Yama Tyros 2: Here is Yamaha's latest entry in the keyboard Line. This Tyros 2 is only a few weeks old, and comes witha full factory warrantee."

Admittedly, when I first saw it, I too thought it infered he had one 'in stock' & available for sale, as a 2 week old (used?) keyboard. After going back & re-reading the ad though, I can now also see how it might be interpreted as saying: the Tyros2 has only been in production (by Yamaha Japan) for 2 weeks.

Though I haven't spoken to Walt since the days when I owned my KN5000, I've never forget the generous assistance he gave me in providing me step by step instructions on how to replace a damaged key on my KN5000, even though I never purchased the keyboard from him. Thank you Mr Tenay. Walt sends his best to the SZ Technics forum community.

Scott