Hi Colin,

I was not going to reply to this post, but I listened to the audio and remembered that you really have an excellent voice to work with.

Having said that, if YOU are happy with where you are right now, then don’t read any further, ‘cause I’m not one of those who just throws up “clapping hands” and says: “Hot Diggity, Dog Diggity, that’s some voice you’ve got there.”

Some helpful suggestions, but only if you want them.

Your voice need to be “focused” more (up in the sinus area)….it‘s slightly breathy, resonate more in the whole “mask” area, you need to learn to breathe so you can support and hold notes. Most of all, you musk “work” the lyrics. The singing is good, but you’re not feeling the emotion of the song. You’re coming in on every beat, like the morning train. Phrase your words, pull back on your delivery, delay some phrases……..jump ahead of the beat in others, hang on to some of the words, etc.

What you want to do is, first, learn the lyrics by memory. Then, as you’re singing them, picture a single person (or the whole audience even) and sing directly to them. Feel every emotion that the words dictate…….let it flow from the heart.

There are many singers with good voices but no style. I’m sure I said to you before, you just need a little “touching up” with your voice, so what’s left is working on your delivery. Every successful singer has some kind of distinguishing delivery. It’s not that difficult…….it’s not about vocal technique……it’s about “expressing your emotions” through your voice the same as a keyboard player expresses through this keyboard.

Hope this helps if you read this far.

Mark smile