Originally Posted By: The Pro
After a very long consideration I have decided to buy a Korg Microarranger to function as a controller for my iPad. I will mount the iPad in an Alesis IODock II and ultimately create a small workstation for composing using the KMA, IO Dock, and IPad 3 running Gadget among other things. This three-piece arranger workstation will be very portable and may even be used on stage.

It turns out that many features of the KMA make it unique and ideal as the foundation of my compact writer's keystation - the fact that it is an arranger adds to the mix of capabilities and making writing and interchanging sound between the KMA and programs on the iPad easy, the line input will allow me to mix audio from the iPad and KMA together and monitor the combined sounds using the internal speakers of the KMA or headphones, and even the music stand can be slightly modified to hold the iPad and dock. I also have a large library of self-made GM files that will play on the KMA. I will create custom cables for the MIDI and audio and possibly the two power connections to the KMA and the IODock. I am most interested in making the assembly function as one unit.

So I have everything I need except the KMA which I am shopping for now. Once this workstation is assembled I will post pix or youtube videos for your entertainment.

Esh welcome back........sounds like a kool setup your talking about with the iPadKMA can't wait to see it.