Thank you my fellow Canadian friend. (I live in Brampton.) I made a cool discovery last week while preparing for a concert. I don't sing very often in the key of C#m but I do "Mary Did You Know" and one of my original songs in that key. I had allocated a spot for the harmony in C#m which was always a pain to get to in the step up/step down process. Was doing a song in D and wanted to do "Mary" next and thought. "I think this might work if I just step up to E". Lo and behold, to my delight, it worked. Harmonies sounded the same as in C#m. That is absolutely great as the unit is a floor unit and stooping down to engage minor scale is less than convenient.

As a long time singer I am well aware of using harmonies tastefully. I can't believe some people just turn it on and sing with it start to finish. Nothing could be more tacky and boring. Not sure I agree on limiting the voices though as the strength of the Vocalist 4 is Beatles, Eagles and Gospel choir harmonies. I use 3 Up with only the one voice to add Phil Everly to his brother Don. This gives a great Everly Brothers sound.

Thanks for listening!
God Bless,
Don