Originally Posted By: guitpic1
This is an interesting mike. Anyone had any experience with this mike or anything like it? http://www.zzounds.com/item--SENE965
Using it for recording? For playing live?

Hi GP1. After lots and lots of research, I recently got the Sennheiser e945 for vocals. It's outstanding and fulfills all my expectations for recording and performing vocals. It's a third of the cost of the Senn you're looking at, so it's hard for me to imagine how much greater yours can be. I don't know where you're located, but here in the States, Guitar Center, Sam Ash etc have friendly policies where they usually, but not always, will allow you to return (at your own modest shipping cost) items which don't satisfy you. You may want to order two models that interest you the most and send back the one you don't care to keep. Based on everything I've read, and now experienced, you can't go wrong with the Sennheiser line of mic. Senn product reviews abound on the web and you can get a good feeling for the strengths and weaknesses of various models from experienced musicians. Good luck. Let us know what you chose and give us a review!
PS. TE's advice below is very prudent. I advise the same. Make sure the seller has a satisfaction money back guarantee on mics before ordering.