Hi Bruno:

You have made an interesting observation. I'm a non-performing songwriter (but I do sing my own demos) and don't really need a laptop or iPad to keep my songset in order for a gig.

I do own both and for me, the laptop wins... handsdown! Apps are mostly for folks with phones... and programs are for serious activities. I don't like Apple trying to control my songs or life in general. A laptop or desktop allows me to do what I darn well please with my own original songs... or to set up a spreadsheet, type a letter (or novel) and do things not related to social networking or texting.

I use my iPad for playing chess using a free app. At one time, I kept some of my songs on it but I had to go around Apple in order to do it. Finally, in disgust... I decided to take it off-line. Don't get me wrong... I'm not implying that Microsoft is one bit better than Apple. I hate them both!

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to attempt to migrate over to one of the versions of Linux that will still allow me to create songs and music without interference from these two giant computer bullys.

Best of luck with your musical objectives.

Dave Rice

http://ShowCaseYourMusic.com/DaveRice/