Quote:
Originally posted by Mike ORegan:
Alec,
You still don't get it! If I follow the procedure you advocate, I finish up with an "emasculated" Technics sequence (with the accomp and style truncated or missing altogether).

well that's just a different question which is immaterial because can be entirley avoided for this particular scenario.

If you specify your problem exactly in the first place I'm able to give an exact working answer. If you ask generalisations, I can only reply with the general steps towards an answer. If then you come back with further information we can move towards an answer.

From your description now it would seem you wish to add lyrics to an easy record sequence, rather than a technics multitrack, or an apc to smf conversion.

There are various ways to achieve your aim; here is one suggestion that will preserve the easy record sequence with the absolute minimum effort required to achieve the aim of adding lyrics, following the general steps already described, and entirley avoiding any requirement to convert the easy record to smf format:

Copy the song to song 2 in the sequencer.
Delete all tracks except track 1 and save song 2 as a nx midi.
Add lyrics to song 2 in your favoured program, save as a midi and then load as a nx single song back to song 2 in the sequencer where your easy record still sits in song 1.
Ensuring that the track assignments in song 2 exactly match those in song 1, copy tracks 2 to 6 from song 1 to song 2.

There may be many variables of controller events that may have been saved with the midi which result in a different backing sound in terms or reverb etc. This is easily rectified by saving the initial conditions of song 1 in a panel memory, selecting song 2, bringing back the panel memory conditions and panel writing them permanently to the new lyrics song.

Song 2 is now a perfect rendition of your easy record with lyrics.