Stopped at the local Schmitt music store yesterday(about 50 miles away) to hook up with my cousin, a full time musician. We both do business there and he's always buying some gear...worse than me, the gearhead, if that's possible. smile

They carry Fender and had the Fender Expo there. From what I can tell, the Fender Expo looks like a rebranded Maui 11. They were asking $999.

The store hooked up an electric piano to the Expo for us and my cousin demo'd the unit.

I was pleasantly surprised. I thought the sound was similar to my Bose Compact but with a lot more low end and it the Expo seemed to have a lot more power...hard to tell without A/B..ing.

The tower, that sits on the sub unit seemed a bit wobbly, but not too bad, with just the two pins holding it on to the sub unit.

The strange thing is that apparently there are no carrying cases made by Maui for these units? Or at least that was what I was told.

My cousin, who has the Bose L1 Model S with two sub units, was visibly impressed. I wonder if he will buy one of these?

Take care.

RogL