I regularly use the Compact on most gigs and always carry a Barbetta in the van. I had a couple of different back to back gigs a couple of weeks ago and didn’t really want to take the L1 B1 stuff. So, I asked on the Bose forum if anyone had ever daisy chained the Compact with an amp similar to the Barbetta. Response was ‘no problem’. Here is my after gig post;
“I was amazed … the gig was a dinner with seating for 300, in a building that was built in 1917 - lots of concrete - and the acoustics were much like the dreaded school gym. I set up early, and thought that while I had the time, I would do a sound check with only the Compact. I’ve never had occasion to set the volume past 12:00 o’clock, but for the check, I set it about 1 o’clock. I turned the bass and reverb down. The compact filled the room and I didn’t set up the Barbetta, just used the Compact, only, for the whole gig. I was concerned about the sound and asked servers and guests several times about it and all said it sounded great. The only drawback – I set up the compact up as I always do, just to my right and a little behind, now it may take a couple of days for my ears to stop ringing.
Ciao,
Jerry”