Originally Posted By: guitpic1
Not meaning to stir the pot..but now I'm curious.

Most folks on these forums talk about using the S950(or similar Korg etc) in place of a Tyros...not because the S950 is a better machine but because it's lighter.

Thing is, if a person is hauling around an S950 in a plywood case...where's the gain in it being lighter?

I looked at a few of the cases mentioned here and my S950 in one of these Guardian cases would weigh as much(perhaps a bit more) than my Tyros in the Kayces case...??? Also, my Kayces case for the Tyros 4 has wheels.

Again...I'm now curious.

smile

I always laugh whenever I see someone say they buy the PSR because the Tyros weighs more. The Tyros 5 weighs 5.48 pounds more than the PSR-S950. I mean come on:)

The plywood case I use weighs 20 lbs exactly (with wheels). The Kaces soft case that I previously used weighs 20 lbs. The old Tyros soft case no longer in production weighed about the same. The Gator soft case for 76 (fits Tyros 5-61) weighs 26 pounds. The Guardian case weighs about 13 - 14 pounds. It's a nice case IF it fits your keyboard.

If I had a PSR I would probably get a Guardian 61 case or even one of those 4 pound bags I've seen. But I sure wouldn't put my expensive Tyros 4 in a bag. Not for an instrument that expensive.

Scott