At another forum, where I'm a moderator, one of the members asked for a style recommendation for "Make It With You". I've always liked the song, but never performed it, especially for the senior set. But, what the Hell do I know.

As usual, the next step was to call Dom Mason and ask if he ever performed the song - silly question. Of course, and not only that, he knows the guy who wrote it, and a quick Wikipedia search revealed the entire singing world performed it at one time or another. I'm surprised that Don's name wasn't in the Wiki list. Don said the old folks may not know the song, but I took a chance on it today and performed it for the first time - They loved it!

Today, I performed it using a 16-beat ballad style, which seemed to fit just fine, at least in my mind. I just did this quick recording of the song on the PSR-3000 using the Zoom H2, which in reality does not have the recording quality that I currently enjoy with the PSR-S950, but it's OK. So, other than the recording quality, I would like to hear comments from this forum to see if there are things I should or can do to make the song better.

Make It With You

I eagerly await your comments,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (10/27/14 05:46 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)