HI GUNNAR,
I have had 4 Technics, one a pr digital piano, and I have never had or wanted a Yamaha. I had a lot of good reasons for that. I always played around with the Yamaha's in the department stores when waiting on my wife shopping. I had no idea they had any professional Keyboards. I thought they were all toys and this also colored my attitude about buying anything with their name on it for my studio. I have never had anything Yamaha in the Studio until now.
I am in total awe of this keyboard. In the last 30 years I have had about every keyboard made except Yamaha and Casio and I have to say this keyboard has everything in it that I ever would wish for in a keyboard. I think some of the styles could be better but the new styles I am downloading and installing in flash memory are just that. The samples are nearly as great as KN6 and nany are even greater IMHO. I am pleased, but don't misunderstand. I will still buy the KN7000 if........... it has a decent hard drive that works and even some of the bells and whistles that Yamaha has on their top board. It is subjective and remains to be seen, but I think anyone that can ought to have both the top end Technics and Yamaha.
Best to you and all your beautiful Fjords
Bebop