It's amazing that Ketron aren't more popular, considering the mentioned advantages, although using smf, mp3 etc. would not apply in my case as I prefer to use styles, whether I'm on stage or in the studio.

During my tenure as an arranger/keyboard clinician for a large area of Canada, I have never laid eyes on an Audya, let alone played one. My only experience with Ketron instruments is through uploaded demos and videos.

Considering the positive comments about Ketron instruments, it's a little perplexing why more pros and/or advanced players aren't using them in their kits, but instead they mainly use mid-level arrangers/laptops/tablets to perform basically the same functions.

For pro players needing such extra functions (thankfully, not me), would it not be advantageous to use one arranger keyboard (i.e. the Audya) and dispense with all the outboard gear, especially since many here profess to really like the overall sound of the instrument.

Another advantage for some would be the considerably shortened setup/teardown time that seems to be very important for those doing multiple gigs?

Yet, Audya users are rather rare, even here on an arranger-centric forum...why?

Ian