Tyros5 issues kept me from upgrading, although most are/will be corrected.

I never could see/justify the inclusion of the audio drum based styles, either on Tyros5 or S950, as they are very limited in regards to editing. The rest of Tyros5's styles are pretty much identical to Tyros4 which is the instrument I chose to buy.

Tyros4's main advantage over Tyros3 is the ability to use SA/SA2 voices in the styles, but I also found T4's overall sound "sweeter" than that of Tyros3. I had both here at my home and was able to do extensive comparisons before deciding on the Tyros4.

Having said that, the Tyros3 is still an incredible arranger, as you have discovered, Mike, and the advantages an arranger has in song composition are many, not the least of which are ease of use and almost immediate results.

I still feel the Korg arrangers have a more powerful sequencer, but the one in my Tyros4 has not left me wanting in any way, so I guess it's a matter of what works best for one's needs.

Congrats on your Tyros3 and may you have many hours of enjoyment with it.

Ian