I received an e-mail today from S-Z member ChicoBrazil, telling me the saddest news that our friend and brother, Andrea "Dreamer' Rotolo, passed away last Monday.
Andrea had been suffering for years from a rare disease that I believe affected his liver and kidneys. He had started to make a comeback and as you might recall was posting here last year, looking forward to possibly purchasing a new KB, and playing music again.

Last year, when Lydia and I were in Rome, we were supposed to meet up with him again, but he wasn't feeling well enough at the time. I am so sorry we did not meet again.

He spent the last three months ill in Brazil, and suffered cardiac arrest, from which he did not recover.

During our first visit to Italy we had the pleasure of meeting and having dinner with Andrea. He is a person that you take to immediately due to his warmth and genuineness. Lydia and I will treasure those few ours we spent with him as he took us and Lydia's sister and her husband on an evening tour of Rome.
I am fortunate to have a CD of his playing KB.

I know some others here had the wonderful experience of meeting Andrea, and I am sure they feel his loss as deeply as I do.

Also, please keep Chico in your prayers for good health as well.

Here is one of the songs from Andrea ... May he be playing the most beautiful music with our Maker ...

Attachments
07 07 Chega de saudade.m4a (116 downloads)