Originally Posted By: Bernie9
I have always been in search for the best lead sounds I can get, which, in my case, are acoustic instruments.

For NH I have S910,Audya,KN7000, or vArranger. Larger gigs usually means the Audya.

I also play a key role in my band, which means I have to have a variety of lead instruments, including my Nord Electro with a Neo Ventilator for organ. My Audya cuts through the mix alright but I know there are better lead voices out there.

I have an iPad, Receptor2, and powerful Laptops. For software, I have EW library and Kontact 2,Basic Sampletank etc. My problem is not knowing enough to make the voices expressive enough to use. I need solo voices that do not take a lot of cc knowledge to sound convincing.

My situation is different from Donny,Don,Gary etc. in that I love to explore for the Holy Grail because I gig three times a week, and have time.

HI Bernie

You have 4 main features on an arranger, (Pitch Wheel, Modulation Wheel, Keyboard Dynamics and after touch) so just assign these CCs to your instruments as required. (EG: Assign Pitch to after touch on a flute to get a natural bend without having to take you hand off the keyboards) If you have an expression (Volume) pedal you can also assign this CC to the expression control of the voice. (Just try to think outside the box rather than sticking with convention)

Hope this helps

Bill