Boo, there are lots of locations that are about an hour's drive time from my home that I no longer play. They all want me to come back and offer more money than before, but the traffic congestion here is beyond anything you can imagine in Colorado. A job that is just 36 miles from me takes an hour to get there during non-rush hour times, and during rush hour, the drive home can be 2-1/2 hours or more. That one facility offered me 4 jobs a week at 4 different care centers on their campus, plus another job every weekend at the independent living section. So, just from that single facility alone that translates to 250 jobs a year, on top of the 300 I already have.

The cards I mailed out this time went to new locations that are 30 minutes or less drive time from home. Easy in, easy out locations, and some of these locations were only 5 minutes drive time from home.

Now, Donny is right - I want to sail south next winter, spend my winters living aboard my sailboat and playing the Tiki Bars, Marina Bars, and private parties on small islands covered with coconut palms, sugar white beaches and turquoise colored waters. My lungs are shot to Hell from asbestos exposure, and lately I have to really struggle to sing certain songs. My audiences don't know I'm struggling, but I sure feel the effects of asbestosis slowly killing me. Therefore, I'm hoping to make and bankroll as much money as possible in the two years I have left in being an entertainer, and use that money to sail into the sunset. I'm not leaving a dime to the kids when I take the dirt nap, they're getting my music gear, boat and when my wife passes, the house and ground it sits upon. I'm going to piss away every dime I can make before then.

This gettin' old stuff ain't fer whimps and sissies,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)