Hi all... I was wondering if someone could help me figure this out.

Here's my setup:
*P2 350, 64M ram, Aureal Vortex PCI soundcard w/mpu-401, Cubase 3.7
* Korg ER1
* Korg EA1
* Yammy CS2x

My question is this: In this system, what is my best bet to get stable timing? The Korgs output MTC, Cubase has several options, and the Yammy has no internal clock.

Previously, (before the Yammy) I had the korgs slaved to Cubase. However, I noticed that when I had the Korg's clock set to external, there were glitches in the sounds, especially when using the Tempo Delay effect. I assume this was due to unstable timing in Cubase, because when the Korg's clock is set to internal, the glitches disappear.

Is it possible to take the clock signals from one of the Korgs as master timing for the whole system? I have a merge box, and I was thinking about merging the outs from one of the Korgs (master timing) and the CS2x (controller), and routing it to the MIDI IN on my soundcard. Then Cubase can pass the data on to the other Korg and the CS2x through the MIDI OUT. Will this work as I think it will? What settings will I need to make in Cubase? Will there be any problems with this setup that I should be aware of? And will I be able to use both the CS2x and the Korg's sequencer as input devices?

Also, are there any other things I should check that could be causing timing glitches in Cubase? TSRs, windows settings, etc?

I know that's a ton of questions Any help you can provide would be much appreciated...

Thanks

AuraStar