Hi, has anybody been able to get in contact with AJ. I have been sending emails on his site and cell for almost two months with no luck, nobody is answering. I got the premium SSD upgrade kit with 512 ram expansion. It was very exiting initially because it is an amazing upgrade, "WHEN IT WORKS". I am one which wasn't lucky with the upgrade. I cannot bring my Ketron Audya in public because it often freezes while playing and have to reboot. There are many corrupt styles and voices which I think is the cause of this problem. I can't even use my favorite Sax voices because not all notes play when pressed. Yes it's that bad. I tried the restore function within the menu as I was told to do by a forum member but does nothing. I need replacement files which I don't have, as the SSD kit came pre-installed with the files. How do I go about this problem. In this state the keyboard is worthless, and I do need it. I never had this problem before the upgrade. Can somebody please tell me what to do or how to get in contact with AJ. Thanks....Frank